Friday, September 5, 2008

Sam Phillps is coming to the Ark

I'm really excited. Tuesday Sept. 9, I get to see Sam Phillips at the Ark in Ann Arbor. Her new CD, Don't Do Anything, is wonderful. It is exciting to see her step out this time as the producer. She learned alot during the years that T Bone Burnett produced her CD's.

My favorite song is "Sister Rosetta Goes Before Us." It was great hearing Allison Krauss and Robert Plant cover it on their latest CD but Sam makes it extra special.

My one complaint about Sam's CD's is that they are way too short. These days a 35 minute CD seems 10-15 minutes too short.

I hear that Sam is touring with the Section Quartet. They have an album of classical quartet covers of Rock classics. There is nothing like a quartet covering RadioHead or David Bowie. They are all over Sam's latest CD and I'm sure they'll help make the show extra special.

I'll post some information on the concert next week. Another treat is that Jill Jack will open the show.

No comments: