Friday, October 10, 2008

More OTR

No, I'm not going to write all my posts about Over the Rhine. If you read the last post you know I'm looking forward to seeing them in Cincinnati in December. The chance to see them play with Ric and Brian again is something that can't be missed.

I got a little taste tonight as Ric played at Trinity House Theatre with Sarah Masen. As Ric and the band did "Circle of Quiet" I turned to my friend Brook and said "I can't wait to see that in December. We both nodded in agreement. I always liked Ric's version but add in Karen's vocals and that will be even more special.

Late in the show Ric brought Sarah back on stage for a take on the Charlie Peacock song "The Way of Love." The band lit up with Sarah on the mic, and this magical version was stunning.

Over the Rhine's posting board has contained some suggestions that Sarah Masen would be a good opener for their Taft show. After seeing Ric and Sarah, I second that.

2 comments:

Brook said...

posted in real-time as the show was happening! Tonight's show was great on all counts, and Sarah coming up to sing that Charlie Peacock song with Ric was a wonderful surprise. I couldn't think of a better opener for that OtR show than Sarah, and her friend Julie Lee is already going to be there, so why not?!
but what am I doing sitting here at the computer? I have to be up in a few hours for the Dark double-feature encore! g'nite...

Scot said...

What about that Woven Hand show I heard you attended?