Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Cheap Trick Tops My Best of for 2009

I'm a little behind on getting my best of 2009 together. I wrote a list of CD's that I picked up throughout 2009 and mulled it over for a few weeks. I thought Switchfoot would be my top choice and then I picked up both Cheap Trick and Rosanne Cash at the end of the year and they changed my opinion.

I've been very negligent about writing in my blog this past year. I hope to spend future blogs writing about some of my favorites of 2009. Hopefully I will get started on it before May. There's a resolution for me.

1 Cheap Trick - The Latest (Independent)
2 Rosanne Cash - The List (Manhattan)
3 Switchfoot - Hello Hurricane (Atlantic)
4 Drew Nelson - Dusty Road to Beulah Land (Waterbug)
5 Buddy and Julie Miller – Written in Chalk (New West)
6 Derek Webb – Stockholm Syndrome (INO)
7 Over the Rhine – Live From Nowhere Vol. 4 (GSD)
8 Need to Breathe – The Outsiders (Atlantic)
9 Sara Groves – Fireflies and Songs (INO)
10 Jen Sygit – So Long Pollyanna (Earthwork)
11 Sam Baker – Cotton (Music Road)
12 Susan Werner – Classics (Sleeve Dog)
13 Pierce Pettis – That Kind of Love (Compass)
14 Wilco – Wilco (The Album) (Nonesuch)
15 U2 – No Line on the Horizon (Interscope)
16 Transatlantic – The Whirlwind (Radiant/Metal Blade)
17 Rachele Eve – Mouth of Feathers (Independent)
18 The Mountain Goats – The Life of the World To Come (4AD)
19 Jars of Clay – The Long Fall Back to Earth (Gray Matter/Sony)
20 Mindy Smith – Stupid Love (Vanguard)
21 Chris Richards and the Subtractions – Sad Sounds of the Summer (Gangplank)
22 The Ragbirds – Finally Almost Ready (Independent)
23 Mark Olson and Gary Louris – Ready for the Flood (New West)
24 Michael Miller – I Made You Up (Shiny Shiny)
25 Tinted Windows – Tinted Windows (S Curve)
26 Keri Noble – Keri Noble (Telarc)
27 Jo Serrapere – Love Going South (Detroit Radio Company)
28 Gurf Morlix – Last Exit to Hollywood (Independent)
29 Mayer Hawthorne – A Strange Arrangement ( Stones Throw)
30 Serena Ryder – Is It OK (Atlantic)

2 comments:

Scot said...

You turned me on to the Derek Webb album; that's the only one from your list that I have.

mediamogul said...

I think you have some catch up to do then:) Try Mountain Goats (that specific album), Michael Miller, and Gurf Morlix. And Cheap Trick is always fun for those not so serious moments.

Bill