Saturday, May 2, 2009

My Top 40 of all time

For awhile Facebook was filled with people posting their top 5, 20 or 40 CD's of all time. I read many of the lists and they got me thinking. Of course, it took me far too long to get my list posted. But here it finally is. I probably missed something that I'll think of as soon as I hit "publish post." I admit that I cheated and included some best of's and box sets, but I stand by the picks.

1. U2 – Joshua Tree
2. Elvis Costello – King of America
3. Peter Case – The Man with the Blue, Postmodern, Fragmented, Neotraditionalist Guitar
4. Vigilantes of Love – Audible Sigh
5. Johnny Cash – Unearthed
6. Stevie Wonder – At the Close of the Century
7. Amy Grant – Behind the Eyes
8. Emmylou Harris – Wrecking Ball
9. Over the Rhine – Good Dog Bad Dog, or Eve, or Ohio (depends on the day and my mood)
10. Tonio K – Romeo Unchained
11. The Innocence Mission – The Innocence Mission
12. Arrested Development – 3 Years, Five Months and Two Days in the Life of…
13. Kings X – Gretchen Goes to Nebraska
14. Bob Marley – Legend
15. Jon Anderson – Three Ships
16. Sam Cooke – Portrait of a Legend
17. Sam Phillips – Martinis and Bikinis
18. Wilco – Sky Blue Sky
19. Mark Heard – Second Hand
20. John Austin – The Embarrassing Young
21. Jan Krist – Curious
22. The Alarm – Declaration
23. Al Green – Let’s Stay Together
24. Lone Justice – Lone Justice
25. The 77's - Seventy Sevens
26. Kansas – Vinyl Confessions
27. The Bears – Rise and Shine
28. John Hiatt – Bring the Family
29. Steve Taylor – I Predict 1990
30. Charlie Peacock – Secret of Time
31. Bruce Cockburn – Nothing But a Burning Light
32. Rodney Crowell – The Houston Kid
33. Midnight Oil – Blue Sky Mining
34. Julie Miller – Broken Things
35. Monk - Quiver
36. Pierce Pettis – Making Light of It
37. TheByrds - Sweetheart of the Rodeo
38. Rich Mullins – A Liturgy, A Legacy and A Raggamuffin Band
39. Larry Norman – Only Visiting This Planet
40. Patty Griffin - Living With Ghosts

1 comment:

Scot said...

Yous gots some good stuff in here.